Thursday, February 17, 2011

How did I loose my own Grandma????

Philippians 4:4 "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!"
HAHA I say Amen to that... especially after searching through an entire FOUR stories of the Shasta Regional Hospital for my grandmother!

We arrived at the Hospital at 11am to go sit and be with grandpa. Since it was pelting down snow, and there was not one nearby parking spaces available, I figured I better drop grandma off at the front and go park in the parking garage.
So pulled to the entrance and tried to make it very clear to her that she was going to go in and wait. I would come in after parking the car, then we would go up to grandpa's room... together! So.. she got out and I drove to the parking garage. I go down... all reserved. I go up... figures.. every person and his cough is at the hospital today. After eight and a half minutes I find a convenient handicapped spot on the top of the garage near the elevator! YAy for broken legs :P! But, by this time I am getting a little ... I hate to say it... anxious... because i have now been away from grandma for 10 minutes.
11:10 am I crutch across the sleet covered ground; go in, and scan the foyer. . . .... 11:15am "Katie?.. what are you thinking??? Of course Grandma is not here. She is distraught and be-muddled with worry for grandpa! How in the world could you expect her to remember that she was supposed to sit and wait?"
So yeah... that is how I lost her.
Philippians4:5
"Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
That verse is really easy to read, but have you ever tried it? The prayer part is easy enough, "Dear God!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please oh please oh please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let her be inside this building and not outside!"
But that prayer says all over it "ANXIOUS!!!!"

I Asked the receptionist if she had seen her... no! 11:20 I asked in wound care (where they visit every week for my grandpa) Nope! 11:30 I check in with grandpa... Nada :( ...Oh my!!!

Very much premeditating my search tactics I get in the elevator with another woman and descend. Not really all there I mention to the woman, "I just lost my grandma and I don't know what to do."
She responds "Aww... I know its hard. I just lost my grandmother last month and today my grandpa is having surgery."
- gag... can't believe I am so clumsy sometimes. Oops... I did just open that ladies fresh wound... great... way to go katie.
Me: "Oh... I am sorry... I meant she is missing... here in the hospital... wondering." ... :/

At 11:35 I head to the nearest telephone, pick up the receiver, push 0 and get a hold of the hospital ... I need reinforcements.
Operator: "How can I help you today?"
Me: "Ah, yes...I am looking for my grandma?"
Operator: "I will look up her room number, what is her name?"
Me: "Um, Barbra, but she doesn't have a room, she is wandering somewhere and I can't find her."
Operator: "OH!!... Umm... I will call security and have them searching for her. What is she wearing?
Me: "uuum an orange shirt... and a black sweater!

So now 11:40 :D I have the entire hospital staff ...searching for my grandmother! Though... I must have not been all that clear on description. One lady out of a small group saw me, and her eyes got really wide and she pointed at me and said to her comrades; "There she is! Hey! I found her!" and to me, "Hello! Are you lost?"
I smile, look down at my GREEN shirt and say, "No! I am looking for my grandma!"

11:50 Turn a few more corners in the hospital. 12pm Hear a gentleman nurse tell someone he found someones grandma! I complete a HUGE sigh of relief and ask, "Oh! Did you say you found her?"
Nice Nurse: "Yeah I found her huffing and puffing on the 2nd story, is she yours?"
Me: "Yes! Where is she?"
Nice Nurse: "I wheeled her in this chair to your grandpa's room! You look warn down can I give you a lift?"
Me: " That would be great! I am exhausted!"

12:10pm I arrive back in grandpa's room. Grandma is sitting in there clearly beaming with happiness being near his side! She sees me and says; " Oh! Here is our little princess! How did I get here before you?"
Haha... So there you have it!!! God Is good! I love Him dearly!!!
God Bless





No comments: